LP04 Assignment: Memo
Directions: Review the scenario below and compose a memo in response.
You are the Campus Health Coordinator for National American University’s campus health center. The normal working hours are M – F from 8am – 5pm. However, fewer students come to the campus health center over the summer, so the Campus President has decided to change the summer hours to M – F from 9 am – 3 pm. This change will be in effect from June 1st – September 1st. It’s currently May 15th. The Campus President has asked you, as Campus Health Coordinator, to write a memo to the part-time staff informing them of this change. In addition, you need to keep in mind that these employees are paid by the hour. Write a memo that explains the reasoning behind this change in hours and also addresses the concerns of the employees.
The memo must contain the following:
- Memo contains proper heading format (a “To” line, a “From” line, a “Date” line, and a “Subject” line).
- Memo contains a well thought-out “Subject” line that describes the memos purpose.
- Memo describes a brief overview of the situation to your audience.
- Memo addresses the potential concerns of staff.
- Memo concludes with a brief summary or call to action, depending on the solution you proposed.
- Memo is concise and well-organized.
- Memo uses appropriate tone and language.
- Memo is 1 page in length.
- Memo is free of grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors.
Submit this assignment to your instructor via the dropbox “LP04 Assignment: Memo.” This assignment is worth 90 points and will be graded according to the following scoring guide:
Learning Plan 05
LP05.1 Assignment: Compare/Contrast First Draft
Directions: For your first essay, you will write a paper using the compare and contrast strategy you learned in Learning Plan 05 (refer to page 233 in your textbook for suggested topics). Write your essay in a Word document. Your essay should include the following elements:
- Essay should be 2-3 pages in length (excluding the title page)
- Include a title page in proper APA format
- Text should be double-spaced
- One-inch margins should be at the left, right, top, and bottom of each page
- 12 point font
- Times New Roman font
- Indent paragraphs five spaces
- Topic is focused
- Purpose is clear; a specific audience is addressed
- Thesis statement focuses on one central point or issue, is one sentence in length, and is precise and interesting
- Smooth transitions
- Research incorporated should be properly cited in APA
- Remember: do not write in first person point of view
- Grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors are minimal
Submit this assignment to your instructor via the dropbox “LP05.1 Assignment: Compare/Contrast First Draft.” This assignment is worth 100 points and will be evaluated using the Writing Process Rubric. This rubric is located under Course Resources.
NOTE: Remember to also post a copy of your draft to the Discussion 05.2: Compare/Contrast Peer Review – POST DRAFT HERE. Next week, you will be completing a peer review, and this is where you can find a partner to swap papers with.
LP05.2 Assignment: Compare/Contrast Peer Review
Directions: This week you will be completing a peer review on one of your peers’ papers. You will want to go to Discussion 05.2: Compare/Contrast Peer Review – POST DRAFT HERE to find a partner and review his/her paper to evaluate and offer feedback. Be sure to give your classmate’s work your best analysis and feedback. Keep in mind that you will also be receiving valuable feedback to better your own writing, so be as thorough as you would on your own writing.
Use the following Peer Review Form to complete a thorough review of an essay written by one of your classmates: Peer Review Form #1.
You will complete this form and return it back to your partner by email or in the discussion forum as an attachment. Communicate with your partner for how you will be returning feedback.
If you have problems finding an essay to review, or if the classmate completing your Peer Review doesn’t send you feedback, please contact your instructor for assistance.
Submit this assignment to your instructor via the dropbox “LP05.2 Assignment: Compare & Contrast – Peer Review.”This assignment is worth 75 points and will be graded according to the following scoring guide.