The purpose of this PowerPoint presentation is to present the best plan of action, as a leader, assigned to make a change to a problem or issue in your place of work. If you are not presently working, use information from your prelicensure experience or previous healthcare experience. You will be using the Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals to align with the problem or issue that you see in your workplace or most recent place of employment. You will prepare a PowerPoint presentation and share how you will meet one of the goals in your place of work that will solve the problem or issue you have selected.
Use the latest form of Powerpoint presentation.
As the leader, you have identified a problem or issue related to one of the National Patient Safety Goals 2018 created by the Joint Commission that will lead to quality improvement. You will find the National Patient Safety Goals using this link: https://www.jointcommission.org/assets/1/6/2018_HAP_NPSG_goals_final.pdf
Develop a PowerPoint slideshow consisting of 8-15 slides. Include the following. Title slide, written speaker notes, and Reference slide. Do not use Voice Over recordings. All information needs to be written in slides and notes.
4. Assess the problem or issue. State the problem/issue and identify three rationales (reasons) that the problem exists.
5. Determine the people who are involved in the issue and explain three reasons as to how their role will contribute to the problem or issue solution.
6. Identify three solutions and discuss the purpose, cost and desired outcome.
7. Pick one solution to share with the director and discuss why this solution was chosen over the others.
8. Make an action plan to share the solution with the director or staff.
9. Summarize issue, plan and desired outcome and purpose for quality improvement on slide.
10. Summarize your learning and value of doing the assignment.
11. Include written speaker notes for all slides except title slide and reference slide.
The following are best practices in preparing this presentation.
- Be creative.
- Incorporate graphics, clip art, or photographs to increase interest.
- Make easy to read with short bullet points and large font.
- Review directions thoroughly.
- Proofread prior to final submission.
- Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
- Abide by the Chamberlain academic integrity policy.
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeTitle slideSlide contains pertinent information related to assignment, course, student, date, and faculty member.||10.0 ptsSlide contains all pertinent information related to assignment, course, student, date, and faculty member|
|An issue is determined based on the National Patient Safety Goals 2018 PDF and there are facts with support from references explaining why it is an issue||20.0 ptsAt least three reasons are included and are logical and easy to read and are directly related to the issue selected based on the National Patient Safety Goals. References are used.|
|Lists the stakeholders (people) who are involved in the issue and explains how each role will contribute to the problem solution||30.0 ptsAt least four reasons are included and are logical and easy to read and are directly related to the potential staff member’s perspective.|
|Discuss solutions to the problem weighing the stakeholders, cost, and reachable outcomes of each solution.||30.0 ptsThree solutions are listed and data related to the problem with discussion of the differences between each solution are noted thoroughly and clearly.|
|Picks one solution to share with the director and discusses why this solution was chosen over the others.||30.0 ptsOne solution is chosen. Thoroughly describes why this solution was better than the other one and supports this idea clearly with a reference.|
|Shares best approach to deliver solution to director and staff.||30.0 ptsBest approach to deliver solution to director and staff is thoroughly described in detail.|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeSummary of issue, plan, and desired outcome for the plan is clear and relates to the previous slides.||20.0 ptsSummary is clear and relates to the previous slides including the issue, purpose for quality improvement and desired outcomes.|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeSummary of learning is displayed with lists, bulleted items, or other creative ways.||20.0 ptsThoroughly summarizes learning related to leadership action plan assignment including value of data.|
|This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeWriting and formatting. Slides are provided and labeled appropriately. Punctuation and sentence structure are correct. There is evidence of spell and grammar check. References are in APA format.||10.0 ptsAll slides are provided and grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure are correct. There is evidence of spell and grammar check. References are in correct APA format|
Speaker notes must be present in each slide. It is imperative that each criterion is met. I expect very little to no issues with English writing or grammar. Any questions please ask. Include references and use the link provided above as well for what is required.