1. Create an educational presentation for staff before the launch of your change project. This should inform the staff of the problem, your potential solution, and their role in change project.
*** problem based on attached documents ***
2. The format for this proposal will be a PowerPoint presentation.
3. The length of the PowerPoint presentation should be 15-20 slides; excluding the title and reference slides.
4. Below are the topics for the slides:
a. Title slide
b. Description of the change model used
c. PICO question—include the elements
d. Scope of the problem—use statistics
e. Your team/stakeholders
f. Evidence to support your need for change—from research
g. Action Plan
h. Timeline for the plan
i. The nurses role and responsibility in the pilot program
k. Forms that will be used (if applicable)
l. Resources available to the staff—including yourself
5. Citations and References must be included to support the information within each topic area. Refer to the APA manual, Chapter 7, for examples of proper reference format. Citations are to be noted for all information contained in your paper that is not your original idea or thought. Ask yourself, “How do I know this?” and then cite the source. Scholarly sources are expected, which means choose peer-reviewed journals and credible websites.
· Length: The PowerPoint slide show is expected to be between 15-20 slides in length (not including the title slide and reference list slide).
Best Practices in Preparing a PowerPoint Presentation
The following are best practices in preparing this project.
1. Slides should be easy to read with short bullet points and large font. Do not use paragraphs.
2. Be creative, but realistic with your intervention and evaluation tool.
3. Incorporate graphics, clip art, or photographs to increase interest.
4. Review directions thoroughly.
5. Cite all sources within the slide show with in-text citations, as well as a reference page.
6. Proofread prior to final submission.
7. Spell check for spelling and grammar errors prior to final submission.
8. Abide by the Chamberlain College of Nursing academic integrity policy.Grading Criteria: Educating Staff: Implementing ChangeCategoryPoints%DescriptionThe Problem3015%Summary of change model discussed. PICO question including elements. Scope of the problem includes statistics and scope of problem to healthcare as a whole discussed. Team and stakeholders and their role/reason chosen.The Evidence3517%Discussion of the evidence is done in terms of themes. Pertinent information is summarized. Sources are not listed individually but synthesized into concepts discovered. At least four sources used (at least three peer reviews and the other a credible resource).The Plan3517%Plan of action described. Important elements are discussed and logical. Timeline is thorough and contains all elements. Timeline is logical and appropriate.The Nurse’s Role2513%The nurse’s role in the pilot plan is described and clear. Procedures for the pilot plan are clear and concise.Resources2010%Form for tracking the outcomes is included. Resources the nurses will need are included. At least three resources are included. The nurse investigator, the team, internet resources, or other resources the staff needs is included.Summary105%Summary slide reiterates the problem and purpose of the plan along with the measurable goals.Overall Presentation2010%Presentation is presented in a clear and logical manner. PowerPoint is appealing to the eye and includes creativity. Font is easy to read.Mechanics2513%Includes title slide. Grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure are correct. References are properly cited within the paper. Reference page includes all citations. Evidence of spell and grammar check.